Monday, February 14, 2011

More photos and the end of Tanzania (for now).

The street of Stone town and me.


 Trading candies.


One of my favorite photos. This is just off the coast of Stone Town, Zanzibar.


These children greeted us after our spice tour. Sure, they are dirty and live in poverty but their overwhelming friendliness covers all that up. They are the sweetest children I have ever met. Just happy to be alive and get an occasional lolly pop. I don't recommend giving them candy though as it rots their already rotten teeth. Pens work better and they are just as excited to get those.


Arusha, Tanzania

I don't know what day it is. The clock on this computer in a run-down internet cafe 15k's from our campsite says 3:14. I'm 60% sure that is the right time.  We are staying at a snake park with about 15 different types of poisonous snakes.  The start of the Serengeti is about 30k's away from us.  They want to charge us $410 for a three-day tour, nothing shorter, nothing less expensive.  So, the wildlife at the snake park is all we'll see.  I'm okay with that though because it really is an oasis outside the chaos of Arusha. Plus, they have 62 species of birds. Ha! beat that stupid migration. Okay, fine, you can tell I'm pretty upset about missing out of the migration of the Serengeti. Bureaucratic bastards!

This will be short for now as I have 15 minutes left on my computer time. We are leaving tomorrow morning, 6am sharp, for a 16 hour bus ride to Mbeya which is the border town of Tanzania and Malawi.  It will be a long and exhausting adventure which I'll report on once we can track down internet again.

Wish me luck for the bus ride...

 (HI DAD!)

No comments:

Post a Comment