Sunday, March 13, 2011

I'm finally back.

Etosha Safari Camp, Namibia

Yes, I know, it's been a long time.

Instead of a long-winded blog describing our adventure from Malawi to Namibia I'll just put up some photos of the journey. I do have to mention the teeny problem we came to at the border of Malawi. I was almost arrested.  When we came across the border from Tanzania the immigration officer gave Heath 30 days to travel and me only 7. We stayed for 10. They didn't like that much and said that we would have to travel back to Lilongwe (7 hours) and pay an extra $30 to get an extension and then come all the way back.  So, while Heath pleaded and pleaded with them I just stood by because they wouldn't speak to me at all even though it was my passport and not his.  We managed to get through and I told myself that was the last time I will ever visit that country...ever.

So...here are the photos:

Fighting back against Malaria by killing mosquitos in our hotel room Chipata, Zambia.


Victoria Falls, Zamiba


Baboons at Victoria Falls, Zambia


A cute and not-so-friendly little baboon.


Hanging out at a corner shop just up from our campsite in Maun, Botswana.


Getting ready for our Mokoro camping trip in Maun, Botswana.


On the Mokoro floating down the Okavango Delta in Botswana.


At the front. Those reeds hurt.


A fellow guide in his Mokoro boat (dug-out canoe).


The hippo pool covered in lilly pads. Yes, there were hippos in there...somewhere.




Our two day campsite on the Delta.

Crusin' along.


On our safari walk in the Delta we came across on this old guy.


I skipped ahead a bit and have now taken you to Etosha National Park in Namibia. This is a cute little Jackel.


You've seen a lot of these pictures everywhere but I had to put it up to prove that, yes, we were that close. Namibia

Alright, that's it for now. When I find internet again I'll give you a full update on how we came to beautiful, wonderful Namibia. It's my favorite country thus far. We had to hitch 8 hours to get here with many people, including one fantastic man that gave us a free 3 hour lift from the border to Windhoek, right to the front step of our hostel. Thanks Stephen Lewis from Edo's Camp Safari in Botswana.

Until next time, y'all.

3 comments:

  1. Love it - except the part of you almost getting arrested. That guy in Malawi obviously wanted a bribe. You do realize that one requires a map to follow and see where all those countries are that you two are trekking through ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time, get arrested - that'd make an awesome story :)
    I'll bail you out, I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures - especially the river boat! You guys are inspiring me. I'm gonna start blogging my current and prior two years as well!

    ReplyDelete