Friday, January 14, 2011

I will miss you Deutschland.


14 January 2011

Ten vaccinations completed. A two month unhingement of the Christmas season brought on by needles, snot-tasting drinks and downright pain.

An entire household, six years in the making, squeezed into 10 boxes and securely (gulp!) wrapped ready for its journey back to Portland where my ever-so-helpful Sister, Nikki, has agreed to store. I relived those last six years packing those boxes. Every trip, every friend, every chapter now all tucked away only to be seen again in six months. Goodbye for now old friends.

 Six months of planning and three weeks left to go. Am I ready? I better be because the journey starts soon and there’s no turning back now.  The challenge has been accepted and a defeat is definite.  A defeat, of course, that will probably be dispersed mostly on me but I vow now that no matter how hot, how exhausted, how annoyed or how just downright pissed-off I’ll be this is an adventure that I chose to do, that I gave up my entire life for. This will work and I’ve never been so excited to say that yes, yes I am spending the next six months in Africa, India, Nepal and SE Asia.

I’ve retired early, folks.

2 comments:

  1. I know you will do great on this trip Connie, and that my brother will be struggling to keep up with you (because of his short stature, of course). Have a wonderful and amazing time, I hope to be getting tips from you guys for my own future travels.

    Best,
    Rye

    P.S.: Take and post pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris and I are sooo envious! Have a great time and please keep everyone posted as to your progress. We will be looking forward to your posts.
    Someday soon we will be traveling and we need ideas for our own adventures. It will be nice to be getting travel hints from a reliable source.
    Have lots of fun and be safe!
    Love you,
    Jerry and Chris

    ReplyDelete